Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sick Perspective


I like to think that the average person sees art as full of life, beauty, and warmth. 

Not me

Ok...sometimes I see it that way, sure!  But, other days it is just more about "seeing" life in just the way that it really is.  Most days, having an artist's perspective...soaking up the intricacies of my surroundings...has great emotional benefit.  Then, there are the days you get a crummy cold....on the ONE DAY you HAVE to make it to the grocery store...with a ear-infection-plagued two year old who spastically is interracting with every touchable thing in her reachable surrounding just trying to stay awake. 

Really, I think I've been fighting allergies, (Yay for Claritin!...and BOO! for this wind!) but this morning it hit another level. I'm downing the Airborne (why have I not bought stock in that stuff yet???!!!), and I *tried* grocery shopping, but.... Let's just say I spent a great deal of quality time in the nastiest bathroom in town (Walmart), going back twice all in a squinchy-butt hurry. Lucky for me, the stall that is big enough to entertain a two year old also has an automatic flusher that evidentally proves that my superpower is INVISIBILITY. It kept flushing (and spraying)...over and over and over. Luckily, I WAS able to verbally abuse my daughter loudly enough just before she actually licked the tiles on the wall behind the toilet. I'm not one to yell, but...I did make an exception today...out of sheer horror and the complete inability to move from my "special seat". *sigh*

Let's just say I've now taken 2 hot showers within a few hours from each other, and I'm headed to bed now...trying not to have nightmares. Ew! Here's hoping I can pull it together long enough to make it to CostCo after I pick Jer up from school. Or, maybe I should just call it A DAY, and go tomorrow. So tempted...

1 comment: